Pancake sauce recipe made with Anno Orange and Honey Gin
12/02/2021 - Make this sweetly delicious Anno Orange & Honey Gin sauce recipe, add some zing to your pancake day (adults only)
Anno Orange & Honey Gin Pancake Sauce
With just a few ingredients you can make this easy syrup for something new on your pancakes
Sweet, zingy, floral and soon to be your new pancake day favourite, try this gin lovers' Anno Orange and Honey Gin syrup. We've made this in our own kitchen and the aroma itself is worth the effort! You just need a thick pan, spatula and a small measuring jug. There are a few ways to zest your orange, pick whichever one suits you best and have the zest at the ready before you begin.
- 120ml clear honey
- 60ml fresh smooth orange juice
- 60ml water
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 50ml Anno Orange & Honey Gin
- Get the hob or stovetop ready on a medium heat.
- Combine the honey, orange juice, water and orange zest in a thick saucepan.
- Simmer the mixture and stir occasionally for around 20 minutes, or until reduced but not overly thick.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the Anno Orange & Honey Gin before letting the syrup cool slightly.
Serve warm over fresh pancakes, garnished with sweet orange segments and a scoop of crème fraîche to cut through the sweetness. The sauce will keep for a few days in a sealed container at room temperature. Remember that this one's just for the adults as the alcohol remains in the sauce.
Makes around 150ml of sauce. Increase the ingredients to taste if you'd like to make more sauce in one go.