Role: Business Development Manager
Competitive Salary, plus car allowance.
Reporting to: Commercial Manager
Location: Kent & Sussex and Surrey borders
Anno is a rapidly growing Distiller of exceptional craft spirits produced in Kent. Our mission is to be recognised as a leading producer of quality craft spirits in England.
You will get to lead the conversations with our On-trade & retail customers around our range of award-winning spirits in this newly created role, to further raise the awareness and sales of our awarding winning brands.
About the role
What do we mean by a Business Development Manager? “We do not like to just sell our products to our customers, but develop their sales through a consultative approach and believe that pubs, bars, restaurants and independent retailers stock our brands because they wish to represent us due to our ethos and quality”
Our sales team is encouraged to discuss and understand the needs of our customers to arrive at joint plan. You will be responsible for driving distribution, awareness and growth of our multi-award winning brands across the on and off trade sectors within your territory, developing existing and new businesses, bringing them along on the craft spirits journey.
Main purpose of the role:
- Taking full ownership of your given territory, and employing a consultative selling approach, you will drive distribution through both existing and new business outlets
- Establish strong visibility for our brands within outlet, through joint initiatives
- Get the trade “Thinking Craft spirits” - Use your expertise on the craft spirits category to share category insights in order to facilitate product ranging
- Manage the full customer picture, and plan and execute A&P investment
- Utilise the internal team to deliver liquid, brand and category training to recruit people to our brands and drive value
- Liaise with colleagues - to ensure regional product availability and accessibility through our distributor networks
- Work collaboratively with industry peers from distributors to suppliers for mixers to build a strong network
- Solid sales or account management and new business development within the spirits industry
- Good knowledge of the geographical area for the role with demonstrable knowledge of the “movers and shakers”
- Strong product knowledge spanning all categories of spirits, and ideally an understanding of craft spirits
- Ability to manage A&P spend and carry out controlled analysis of activities
- Excellent numeracy, language and negotiation skills
- Good IT competency, including Google Suite of apps, with ability to produce engaging presentations
- Creation of cocktail lists and skills in trade marketing would be valuable, as would experience of working behind a bar
- Educated to at least ‘A’ level standard or equivalent
- Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Qualification at Higher Level and a degree would be desirable
- A clean and full UK driving licence is required
Why work for us?
We want to make sure that you will enjoy working for us as much as we will having you as part of our team. Below are just some of the reasons why you should join us….
- Joining a young company during an exciting growth phase
- Working with the most intuitive, fun, and hardworking people you'll ever likely to meet
- The opportunity to grow the position and your career with us
- Workplace pension
- A friendly working environment
- Flexible working
If you wish to apply, please send your CV to email@example.com or post to:
Unit 4, Crest Industrial Estate,
Closing date for applicants:
19th July 2019