Corporate Support Assistant Apprentice (Level 2/Intermediate)
Please DO NOT contact us directly, as it could jeopardise your application. Visit the Kent Training & Apprenticeships website to apply.
Location: Marden, Kent (TN12 9QJ)
Closing date: 26/09/2019
Vacancy reference: KT&A2525
Anno Distillers Limited is the first distillery in Kent for over 200 years. We produce a range of multi-award winning spirits, which have gained both national and international recognition for their quality. We are particularly proud of winning a Gold Medal with Anno Kent Dry Gin at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition, and this year the UK short-term retailer of the year award for our Bluewater store.
Based in the village of Marden, we lovingly distil our gins, vodkas and whisky in our 300-litre copper-pot still, affectionately name ‘Patience’. Since the launch of our first product, Anno Kent Dry Gin, in 2013 sales have increased significantly year on year. We are further expanding our marketing team and now seek two outstanding individuals to join our marketing department to support progression of the Anno brand in the highly competitive spirits retail industry.
DESCRIPTION OF VACANCY
We have two exciting opportunities for apprentices to join our growing marketing team and play a vital role in helping us achieve our brand aspirations. At Anno we are keen to grow brand awareness and increase our customer base. You will primarily assist our marketing team in achieving our goals through planning and attending internal and external events. This includes marketing support activities, social media updates and involvement in advertising projects. You will also be required to offer administration support for our sales team.
The roles are varied and challenging but for the right candidates provide an outstanding platform to develop a business awareness and apply your skills as a brand ambassador.
We are a small but fast growing business so you will be required to get involved in all aspects of business administration to support our customer base and our office team.
- Interfacing with customers over the phone and by email
- Managing orders and the scheduling of deliveries
- Booking and Hosting distillery tours
- Booking and managing tasting events
- Supporting consumer and trade shows
- Involved in running sales and brand promotional activities in retail outlets
- Increasing consumer awareness and helping to drive sales through social media
- Becoming a personal alcohol licence holder
- Being part of a high performing distillery team and taking personal accountability for areas of the business
- Completing the training and development programme leading to a successful apprentice qualification
The starting salary will be £4.50 / hr
The role is based upon an average 40 hours per week and will involve some evening and alternate weekend working depending upon the marketing activities you are supporting.
The location for work activities will be split between the distillery at Marden and external locations around Kent depending upon the schedule of events.
- Good computer skills
- Good English and maths
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well on their own as well as within a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work with speed and accuracy
- Ability to work in an organised and structured way
- Due to alcohol licensing laws you must be 18 or over at the time of appointment
- Keenness to learn
- Show initiative
- Ambition to progress
- Friendly personality
- Flexibility and adaptability
GCSE Eng and Maths Grade 4-5 (C) or above
- On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
- Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2019, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid. Visit the Kent Training & Apprenticeships website to apply.
KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.