Strange Pie: Prawn, Mango and Kent Dry Gin
27/03/2017 This pie combines the fragrant Asian flavours of mango, chilies, ginger and coriander with fresh prawns and the bold botanicals of Anno Kent Dry Gin.
This pie combines the fragrant Asian flavours of mango, chilies, ginger and coriander with fresh prawns and the bold botanicals of Anno Kent Dry Gin.
Prawn, Mango and Gin Filo Pastry Pie
- 30 fresh or freshly thawed King Prawns
- 4 tbsp Butter,
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 40g of chopped Spring Onions
- 1 Red Chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 60ml of Anno Kent Dry Gin
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 3 tbsp Pickled Ginger
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh Coriander
- 1 ripe medium Mango, peeled, stoned and diced
- 8 sheets of Filo Pastry
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Remove the shells from the king prawns and set aside in a bowl.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and add the garlic, spring onions and red chilli and cook until slightly softened. Add the prawns and then cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped pickled ginger, gin, lime juice and fresh coriander and cook for a minute. Add the diced mango and cook for a further minute.
- Place all the ingredients into a pie dish and cover with sheets of loosely scrunched filo pastry. Melt a tablespoon of butter in a small pan and then brush the pastry with melted butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.